Tuesday, June 12, 2007

No AC! AHHHHH!!!

Justin called me while I was at work yesterday and asked if I wanted the bad news. Now typically when he says this I'm not to worried. However, he proceeded to tell me he had gone into Evan's room and the carpet felt like "grass that has dew on it". Upon further investigation he realized that our AC pipes had backed up and were overflowing. He turned the AC off and called the company we have a contract with only to be told they couldn't come until 4 this afternoon. Unfortunately, yesterday and today have been the hottest most humid days we have had so far! (96-100 degrees and 80-90% humidity) When I got home we called my Dad who is very good at home repairs, improvement, etc. Thanks for the advice Dad! It seems to be working! One of my main concerns was that the carpet and padding would mildew and mold with the temperature being as hot as it is. We have a shop vac and so we vacuumed as much water as we could. Justin tried to vacuum the pipes out which worked to a certain extent but not enough to be able to turn the AC back on. Dad said to use the blower end of the shop vac and snake it under the carpet to dry the padding out. A brilliant idea which so far is working! We had to move some of the furniture and other things but fortunately he caught it before the entire room got wet. The pictures are of the set up we have to dry the carpet. The picture of the temperature was taken early this morning as proof that it is VERY warm in our house and not just a very pregnant woman exaggerating!:) It actually is reading 85 now. The wonderful news is that in about 4 hours the AC should be fixed and working! Thank the Lord for wonderful things like AC!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Springer Family said...

I agree - I don't know what I would do w/out AC! We're at 93 degrees today. Hope it gets working soon for you! ~Renee

Truckin Teeds said...

YIKES! I very much sympathize with you! I strongly dislike intense heat! :) Glad it's up and running again.