Friday, May 9, 2008

A Mother is...

A Mother is someone who loves us no matter what. Someone who is always there, just a phone call away. Someone who shares our joy and cries with us over our sorrows. A Mother is someone who loves us so much she is willing to correct and discipline us when we need it. A Mother is the glue that holds a family together.
Ever since I was old enough to remember, when you asked what I wanted to be when I grew up I would say "a Mom". As of ten months ago that dream became a reality. Being a Mom is everything I dreamed it would be and more. I can't begin to put into words the emotion that comes with being a mom. The love that I feel is beyond amazing! It is such a great privilege and responsibility that God has given Mother's. I pray daily that God would give me the strength and wisdom to be the Mother I need to be.
Growing up I had some awesome examples to follow. The first being my Mom. The older I get the more I realize how blessed I am to have my Mom. In the past few years with all her physical trials I have tried to never take one moment for granted. I've always said if I can be half the woman my Mom is I would be happy. Mom is somewhat quiet with such incredible strength. She has always been there for her family and that's no easy task with four kids! I have never heard her complain even when I know things have been tough for her. She truly lives her faith. It is evident in her everyday life. Today I can honestly say she is one of my best friends. Thank you Mom for your example and unconditional love! Thank you for putting God first and living your faith for all to see! I love you!

"Her children rise up and bless her;
Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:
“Many daughters have done nobly,
But you excel them all.”
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
Give her the product of her hands,
And let her works praise her in the gates."
Proverbs 31:28-31 NASB

My incredible Mom!

Sleeping Beauty and my handsome son!
Mother and Daughter.
One of my examples of a Godly mother. Grandma Slagenweit a few months before she went to be with Jesus! How I miss her!

3 comments:

Faithe said...

THAT MAKES TWO OF US!!! I miss my Mother more than words can express. Your Mom is a gracious lady, to be sure, and you are indeed blessed to be her daughter. I am BLESSED to be her sister (in law)!! Happy Mother's Day, Jen. You are a very special niece!

Allana Martian said...

I didn't know your Grandma passed away. So sorry to hear that. I met her a couple times here in Florida. She seemed very sweet. Hope you have a beautiful Mother's Day!

Allana Martian said...

I wanted to add: I see Faithe's comment above mine and if she reads this I have to say, "Faithe, you look just like your mother!"