Saturday, September 8, 2007

The trip!

Okay, let me start off by saying in my defense we've never traveled with a baby before! When we arrived at our destination(s) everyone laughed at the amount of stuff we had! The top picture is of Evan getting "rested up" before the 15 hour trip. The second picture is of the back of our van. Our third row folds down and we had the back completely full! As I said before, having never traveled with an infant before I wasn't sure what all we would need. So when in doubt pack everything! My poor husband told several people all we left behind was the shell of the house!:) The third and fourth pictures are of Evan chilling out and Daddy driving. Evan did really well considering we drove straight through on the way up. Our first stop was IN at Justin's dad's. We were there for a wedding and family reunion. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of that portion of the trip. We had a really nice time and Evan and I got to meet a lot of Justin's family for the first time. To those of you who read this blog, thank you for being so warm and welcoming! It was so nice to meet all of you and we look forward to seeing you again! Our second stop was in OH at my sister's. My Mom and Dad were also there. Evan got to meet his cousins for the first time and although he wasn't sure what to think of all the noise he seemed to enjoy the boys playing. We had a great time going to the Creation Museum and just hanging out! And of course eating! For those of you who know my family, my Mom and sister are incredible cooks and we love to eat! Mom had made gobs, sugar cookies with icing and brownie desert to snack on. I think I gained several pounds while I was there! She had also canned tomatoes for Marianne and I. There is nothing like home canned tomatoes to use for cooking! We stopped just south of Atlanta on the way home due to not wanting to push Evan to far. He did so great and we all had a wonderful time with family!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Springer Family said...

Looks like you had a WONDERFUL time! Don't worry about packing too much!