Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our Week

It has been rather busy since my last post. Hence the lack of posting! Justin took me to Orlando for 3 days and 2 nights for my birthday. Actually we did it a few days early so Grandma and Grandpa could watch Evan. We had a wonderful, relaxing time! I am so thankful for such a sweet husband. We went bowling, to a movie and miniature golf while we were there. I did manage to take a few pics, but I haven't had time to upload them yet. I also have a bunch of new pics of Evan. He has learned how to climb into his highchair now! I walked out of the kitchen on Tuesday and he was sitting in his chair, pretty as you please! I thought I was losing my mind and that I had left him there until I caught him in the act. I also managed to catch it on video. He now says Dada, Dyda (instead of Daddy), Mama, Nighnigh (for night night) and Na (for no). We are working on drink and bye-bye. He has always been a pleasant baby, but the past two weeks he has started laughing at everything. We'll hear him giggling and go to see what he's laughing at and there is nothing that we can figure out. He's also becoming quite a Daddy's boy. He loves to follow his Daddy around and "help" Daddy with whatever he's working on. Justin has been busy as usual with the shopping centers. They are working on a deal right now with one of the bigger tenants that is in three of the centers. It has been slightly stressful so we are praying that everything resolves and it can quickly be leased. I will try and get the pics and videos uploaded in the next day or so. Have a blessed evening!

Before I forget, Charity (one of my blogging friends) posted the following this past week, "So!!! I'm challenging you as well. You've seen how denigrated men are in our society. I'd like to proclaim a "Praise Your Man in Public" week, and challenge each of you to post a little (or large) post on your blog next week telling us all how privileged you are to be Mr. X's wife. I've seen more than my share of women's groups fall into 'bash your man' groups. And 'if you think that's bad, listen to what MINE did' groups. Ugh! Let's be godly ladies, gals, and raise our man up in the process!" I had eluded to this in my Father's Day post.

Just for the record, I have been blessed beyond measure that God has given me the husband he did. Justin has been a rock in our marriage. He is always willing to say "I'm sorry, please forgive me" or "I was wrong"when he's been wrong. I know I can't always be the easiest person to live with, but he takes things in stride. He loves me for who I am. I appreciate the fact that he takes his responsibility as the spiritual leader in our home so seriously. He leads with a gentleness and humility. He is also an incredible Daddy to Evan as well. It melts my heart to watch him playing with Evan or to hear him tell Evan Bible stories. I love having a husband who is so sensitive to what God wants for him. I could write paragraph after paragraph about Justin. I love you Sweetheart! Thank you for being an awesome Husband and Daddy!

No comments: