Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Our Vacation and Evan's One Year Check-up!

Yes, we are still alive! It has been a VERY busy few weeks. Sorry for the numerous posts. Blogger was giving me fits about uploading pictures so I had to use Picasa. Anyway, I tried to get everything in chronological order. We left for PA on June 21 and arrived the 22. My brother Jonathan and his family were there for the first few days of our vacation. On the 24th we had a little "party" for Evan's first birthday. Mom made a wonderful dinner! We had cake and then went out for ice cream. Evan played in his cake some but I had David take the pictures and I don't have them yet. He enjoyed all his birthday gifts and the attention he got! We mainly just hung out and enjoyed everyone's company. The Miller (my Mom's side) Family reunion was the 28th. It was great seeing my Mom's siblings. Some of them I only see once every year or so. We had a nice turnout. There was a ton of food at lunch and the evening found us at my parents for homemade ice cream and desserts. We left PA on Monday the 30th to head to the Outer Banks of NC. We met up with Justin's parents and his stepdad's family. Unfortunately, I didn't get one single picture of the house we stayed at and very few pictures of anything else! What can I say, it's hard to juggle a camera and all the things that a baby needs! The house was a beautiful 5 bedroom house in Duck, NC. We were a half a mile from the Sound and the ocean. If you went out on the top floor porch you could see both bodies of water. We took Evan to the beach, but he wasn't overly fond of it. Most of the time we just stayed poolside and enjoyed the water and sun there. Evan flew back with Justin's parents due to several physical issues. We felt it would be better if he didn't have to stay in a car seat for 15 hours. He did fairly well with the flights. Since we have been back we have had several appointments and a wedding which is why I am just now getting a chance to blog. Evan had his one year check up this past Tuesday. He weighed 21 lbs. and is 31 inches long. He had to get three immunization and two finger pricks. The doctor said he looks great and is very healthy despite being a little small in weight. He took his first alone steps this past Friday and now he is walking across the room by himself! It is so cute to watch him see something he wants then think about it before walking to where it is. He climbs onto the couch and recliner by himself and is finally learning to get down back end first. The first few times it was a head dive off onto the floor! He is still the happiest little man in the world. Laughing and smiling and trying so hard to talk. He is almost off formula now and is completely off baby food. He keeps us laughing and busy! We love being parents!

1 comment:

AmberDawn said...

Hey, Jennifer! Yeah, I'm finally getting a chance to not only do a little blogging of my own but to even scan other blogs! Yay! *grin* Of course, it's 4 in the morning now and I'm REALLY gonna regret it come a few hours when Joseph's up and ready for the day! However, I am at my in-laws right now so I can probably have Mom Howell watch him for a bit if I totally need a nap!
Anyway, it's real good to "see" you again! And, yes, it's sure fun with our "babies" walking now! I would LOVE to have a playdate!! Wish we were closer!