Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad and 6 Month Check-up!

I know it's a few days late, but I wanted to wish my Dad a very happy birthday! His birthday was Saturday. We hope you had a great day! We love you!

Also, Evan had his 6 month check-up last week. Weighing in at 16lbs 14ozs and measuring 27 and a half inches the doctor was pleased. He had another round of immunizations, so along with the teeth he's trying to cut we had a few not so happy days. At least he didn't. He just wanted to be held and loved on which Mommy didn't mind. I can't believe how fast time is going and I know before long cuddling with Mommy will not be a priority. He has been doing so great with eating now that we are decreasing the meds. Thank the Lord! He still isn't crawling. He would rather be up walking if you hold his hands. He got a few "walker" toys for Christmas which he likes. He "talks" quite a bit now to. He's saying mum, mum, mum and da, da, da but, I don't really think he knows it yet. The weather has been beautiful; lately so Evan and I are taking daily walks. He enjoys being outdoors and doesn't like to go back inside. We took him to the pool the other day and got his feet wet. He didn't seem to mind the cooler water and I'd really like to get him in fully in the next couple of weeks. One of our friends who has a little one about 9 months older than Evan has agreed to help us teach him how to swim.


Before his immunizations.

After his immunizations. He has started sleeping like this every now and again. It looks so uncomfortable, but when we move him he puts his head back the same way.
All dressed up for Sunday church.
Our handsome little man!

6 comments:

Truckin Teeds said...

Hey! Wow! He's really growing. I wish we could see you guys again...we haven't been to FL in so long! :o) Have a great week!

Springer Family said...

WOW! Evan is passing Korey up!! LOL I just had Korey to the Dr today & he's only 15 lbs 2oz and 26 inches long! They've stayed pretty close so far!! :-) Loved seeing all your CHristmas pics. I've not been doing too much commenting lately. We've been sick around here for a long time it seems!

Maria said...

I am dreading Bradyn's 2 year shots:( They get worse for me as he gets older because they look up at you like how could you let this person hurt me:( Hope you guys are doing okay!

kentncarissa said...

I so understand what you are saying about the cuddling thing, I feel the same way. im getting as much in as I can! He is so adorable by the way, he just gets cuter every day.

Charity said...

Both of mine have ended up sleeping sort of like that- with their necks all twisted to one side. Looks sooo uncomfortable. Oh, well. They seem to love it :o)

AmberDawn said...

Ok, I thought that your email address was on your blog .. I guess not. So, I won't send you an invite to my blog yet. My email is batchick1306@yahoo.com--if you email me, I will invite you! *grin* However, I cannot email back b/c this computer has a "worm" and I don't want to share it w/your computer! It's really no fun!!