Monday, October 15, 2007

We're back!

Hello! Sorry it has been so long since we posted new pictures and updated the blog! (Dad and Mom, the bottom picture is the one I told you about last week!:)) We were in Hobe Sound last weekend visiting my brother Jonathan and his lovely wife Tonya. We had an awesome time! Thanks you guys for opening up your home, helping with Evan and the wonderful food! (Tonya, you are a great cook!) We love you and can't wait to get together again! While we were there we were able to see the extended family as well. Thanks to my aunts and cousins for helping with Evan and keeping him entertained. We found out that Evan is quite a little flirt! He just adored his girl cousins and was being quite the little charmer! Justin picked up a very bad case of the flu on Friday (10/5) and passed it to me this past weekend! So far Evan hasn't showed any signs of getting it. We had a huge answer to prayer this past week in the form of a new formula! We were kind of at wits end with Evan's reflux as I didn't want to give him any more medication than what we were already giving him. When I called the doctor last Thursday (10/4) we discussed changing the formula and also the possibility of Evan being lactose intolerant. He suggested trying Enfamil Gentlease which is thicker (because it is made for reflux babies) and also has only one forth of the lactose that the rest of the formulas have. So on Friday we switched and so far he is doing great with it. He has been taking 26-28 ounces a day instead of 22-24 ounces and hasn't fought us nearly as much. We are to give it a couple of weeks and if things keep improving we will leave him on that. Otherwise, we will switch him to a completely lactose free formula. The other big news with Evan is we think he is starting to cut teeth! He has been chewing on whatever he can get in his mouth for about two weeks now and drooling like crazy. I finally felt around in his mouth yesterday and you can feel them in his gums. His gums are also starting to get white. Much to my dismay he has discovered he likes to suck his thumb! I had been hoping to avoid this as I was a thumb sucker until I was much older than I should have been!:) I had been pulling his thumb out every time he seemed to be sucking on it, but last weekend in church he was sleeping and I had him covered with a blanket, when I checked on him there he was with his little thumb in his mouth. The picture on the bottom is one I snapped last week when I checked on him during his nap and once again he was sucking his thumb. The only good thing about a thumb instead of a binky is that you can't lose a thumb like you do a binky!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Brenda said...

He is getting big!!!!!

David and April said...

AWWW! He is so bright eyed and bushy tailed! I love when you post pictures. I know we haven't updated in forever...need to get to that=] Can't wait to see ya at Christmas!!! Hugs!!

Truckin Teeds said...

Can't believe how quickly your little buy is growing. He has such an adorable smile! :o)

Springer Family said...

WOW - he's getting so big! Glad you had a good time w/ your family. I'm also glad you found the right formula. :-) And the thumb! -- I felt the same way w/ my kids but you are right, you can't loose a thumb!